Police investigating allegations of historic sexual abuse in the Trafford area are now looking into 17 separate complaints.
On Thursday 8 November 2012, a 71-year-old and a 61-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of rape following a warrant at an address on Woodlands Road, Altrincham.
The arrests followed an investigation by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since 28 October 2012.
Since the arrests, a further 14 potential victims of historic sexual abuse have been identified, making a total of 17, and these complaints are also now being investigated by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit. The alleged offences date from 1962 to 1979 and occurred primarily in the Sale and Altrincham area of Manchester.
Officers are continuing to provide specialist support and welfare to all the victims.
Detective Inspector Simon Davies said: "As we said at the outset of this investigation, our duty is to all those victims who have shown great courage to come forward and report they have been victims of historic sexual abuse.
"Because of the number of victims who have come forward since last week, our investigation is now both wide-ranging and complex and clearly we need to investigate every complaint thoroughly which will take time.
"The two men who were arrested have been released on bail until 29 November 2012 while we carry out these inquiries.
"Again, I want to be absolutely clear that while the publicity surrounding the late Jimmy Savile and the investigation launched by the Metropolitan Police Service into his abuse was the genesis for this inquiry and victims coming forward, we are not investigating any complaints that Savile himself was either present or involved in any of the allegations.
"Anyone who is affected by this investigation can call police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111."