GMP app support
Greater Manchester Police have developed two iPhone apps and one Android app.
|GMP's iPhone app was launched in January 2013 as was the first UK police force to have geo-location features.|
|GMP's Android app was launched in August 2013 and was the first Android app launched by a UK police force.|
Both the iPhone and Android apps help give you quick access to policing services in your location. The app uses your location to help:
The app uses your location to help:
- Find your closest police station, its opening hours and contact details
- Find your closest neighbourhood policing team, local officers and policing priorities
- See what's happening around you, including wanted appeals, missing people and local people
- Quickly access news and appeals from the GMP website
- Access all GMP social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
Note: 'Around you' map data indicates the general area in which an incident has taken place, not an exact location.
Take a walk into Manchester's past with the official application for the Greater Manchester Police Museum. Our audio guide will help enrich your visiting experience to the Museum, a historic building in the heart of Manchester's Northern Quarter. The app features:
- Audio guides to accompany your visit to the key galleries in the museum
- Historic photographs of policing from the first bobbies on the beat
- A guide to photographic opportunities - take your picture behind the original riot gates, in the dock or with police uniform through the ages and share it on social media through the app.
- Information about how to find out about your ancestors with our Archive Service.
There are approxiamately 5,000 items in our collection, dating from the early 1800s to the present day, detailing a social history of Manchester as well as the police. There are Victorian cells, the original charge office and a reconstructed court room from the 1890s. Come and visit and slice of Manchester history.