A list of contracts valued under £10K
- A list of contracts valued under £10K is available under Related attachments.
Budget and Accounts
- The PCC within each force area has a statutory duty and electoral mandate to ensure an efficient and effective police service and to hold the police to account on behalf of the public. For Greater Manchester the PCC functions were transferred to the Mayor on 8th May 2017. The Mayor (PCC) is the recipient of funding relating to policing and crime reduction, including government grants, the council tax precept and other sources of income. How this money is allocated is a matter for the Mayor (PCC) in consultation with the Chief Constable, or in accordance with any grant terms. More information can be found here.
Procurement and Tenders
NOTE: Unfortunately the list of contracts being tendered does not include tenders which are in any way restricted. Tenders which wouldn’t appear on the list include:
(a) Low value quotes/tenders which are only sent to a limited number of suppliers (as per the CCFI) and aren’t advertised openly
(b) Further competition using only a select list of suppliers from an existing framework
(c) Tenders issued to a restricted list of suppliers following elimination of other suppliers by a PQQ
Evaluation of Police Use of Resources
- GMP regularly provides update reports to the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) with regards to its use of resources. A list of these reports can be found on our website using the following link.
- Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) also carries out formal evaluations of GMP’s use of resources. On completion of an inspection HMIC publish their findings on their website; to access published reports about GMP please use the following link.
|Financial Year 2017/18||Proportion of valid & undisputed invoices paid within 30 days in accordance with regulation 113||Potential interest liability to be paid to suppliers due to a breach of the requirement in regulation 113|
Chief Officer Expenses and Interests
Pay and grading structure
- Pay and grading structure: see attached document under 'Attachments' at the bottom of this page.
- Salaries greater than £58,400 or the number of employees whose remuneration, excluding pension contributions, was £50,000 or more (bands of £5,000) See Chief Constable of GMP's Statement of Accounts (NOTES TO THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS Section: indexed subsection; Remuneration) under the Related Attachments to the right of this page.
Evaluation of police use of resources
- GMP regularly provides update reports to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) with regards to its use of resources. Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary, Fire & Rescue Service (HMICFRS) also carries out formal evaluations of GMP’s use of resources. On completion of an
inspection HMICFRS publish their findings on their website; to access published reports about GMP please use the following link.
Support for the Provision of PCSOs
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority is responsible for Financial Regulations
The Annual Statement of Governance
The Annual Governance Statement is contained within the Annual Statement of Accounts
Annual statement of accounts
The Chief Constables audited annual statement of accounts is available here under Related attachments towards the bottom of the page.
Please see the attached document regarding your rights to view the annual accounts