Give up the Gun
13th – 26th November 2017
Greater Manchester Police is giving you the opportunity to surrender firearms and ammunition anonymously.
You can hand in guns and ammunition anonymously at one of the police stations below until 26th November 2017.
No questions will be asked and you will not have to give your name or address.
Police station opening hours
Open 24 hours daily
- City Centre Public Enquiry Counter, Ground Floor, Mount Street Elevation, Town Hall Extension, Manchester, M2 5DB
Open 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday
- Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester M40 5BP
- Longsight Police Station, Grindlow Street, Longsight M13 0LL
- Swinton Police Station, Chorley Road, Swinton M27 6BA
- Ashton Police Station, Manchester Road, Ashton OL7 9BQ
- Cheadle Heath Police Station, Spectrum Way, SK3 0SA
- Bolton Police Station, Scholey Street, off Manchester Road, Bolton BL2 1HD
- Wigan Police Station, Robin Park Way, Wigan WN5 0UP
- Stretford Police Station, Talbot Road, Stretford M32 0UX
- Bury Police Station, Dunster Road, Bury BL9 0RD
- Rochdale Police Station, The Esplanade, Rochdale OL16 1AG
- Oldham Police Station, Barn Street, Oldham OL1 1LR
Detective Chief Superintendent Mary Doyle said:
“Too many lives have been torn apart by gun crime and it is no exaggeration to say every weapon retrieved via the surrender has the potential to save a life.
“The surrender offers you an opportunity to dispose of your weapon safely and discreetly whether it is a gun that has been handed down through the family or a firearm in your loft collecting dust.
“You won’t have to give your name or address, we just want more guns out of harm’s way. Please do the right thing for the sake of all the families that have had their lives destroyed by firearms.”
For more information or to report gun crime, please contact us on 101. In an emergency, please dial 999.
Follow the conversation on social media using the hashtag #GiveUpTheGun