SignVideo is a specialist state-of the art video centre staffed by fully qualified and registered (NRCPD/SASLI) BSL/English Interpreters, who are available on demand.
Check your Operating system requirements
To access SignVideo on your PC or Mac:
- Windows: Internet explorer 9 or higher (64 bit version coming soon) and Firefox.
- Mac: Safari.
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please ensure you meet these basic requirements as a minimum:
- iOS devices (8 or upwards), many Android devices (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Mac with a webcam.
- IE9-11 or Firefox for Windows, Safari for Mac.
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (384kbp/s recommended).
Note: If this is your first time, you will need to download a one-off Live plug-in. The Live plug-in enables good video quality and ensures that your calls are secure. Please follow the instructions once you are connected to the Web Access page.
This service to Greater Manchester Police is free from your own home or mobile devices, (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday).
For troubleshooting and technical guidance of SignVideo’s Service, please contact email@example.com or call 02033880771.
How does it work?
- Click on the Connect now button
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you are calling Greater Manchester Police
- SignVideo Interpreter may ask you if you wish to prepare anything before starting the call. E.g. is there any person or department you wish connect to?
- You will then be connected and start the conversation in BSL (British Sign Language)
How much does it cost?
The SignVideo service is free for Greater Manchester residents, but mobile operators may charge for the data used on their network.