There are many benefits of being a Special Constable:
- You will learn essential policing skills and receive extensive training in key areas that will assist you in everyday life.
- You are provided with a uniform and have the same powers and authority as a regular police officer, which enables you to make a significant contribution to reducing crime and disorder in Greater Manchester.
- As a Special Constable you will be playing your part in building up good relations between the police and the public.
- You will learn new skills, develop existing skills and make new friends.
- Every shift will be different and you will continue to learn about your locality, about human nature and even more about yourself as a person.
The role of a Special Constable is undertaken on a voluntary basis but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be paid. Few other volunteering opportunities can offer the same challenges – responsibility, caring, thinking on your feet, but with as much support as you need to deal with the many situations you will face.
If you like working with people and being a part of a team, then being a Special Constable could be for you.
Meet some of Specials by clicking on their profiles on the right of this page.