Police Volunteers: Support Roles
There are a wide range of roles performed by volunteers within GMP. These roles do not replace employed staff or officers.
Each area of Greater Manchester Police works differently. Therefore the roles that volunteers undertake in each of these areas will be slightly different.
Some of these roles include:
- Contacting people with details of initiatives and providing feedback where appropriate.
- Organising meetings, such as those within neighbourhoods, taking the minutes, typing and distributing them.
- Providing administrative support to officers and staff - including filing, photocopying, typing, in putting data onto crime systems
- Assisting with crime prevention and community safety initiatives.
- Providing specialist skills to help communicate with your local community
- Supporting Neighbourhood Watch schemes.