COuNter TErrorism STrategy
CONTEST is the name of the Government’s strategy to respond to the threat of both domestic and international terrorism. The strategy aims to reduce the risk to the UK and our assets overseas, so that people can go about their lives freely and with confidence.
CONTEST is split in to 4 strands:
- Pursue: To stop terrorist attacks
- Prevent: To stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
- Protect: To strengthen our protection against terrorist attacks
- Prepare: When an attack cannot be stopped, to mitigate its impact.
The NW CTU uses these 4 strands to shape all of the work we carry out across the North West region and Greater Manchester.
- If you would like to find out more about the CONTEST Strategy please click here.
- For more details please navigate through the site using the links provided. If you would like further information please visit Find out more.