- The involvement and empowerment of Greater Manchester’s communities is essential to the success of policing in Greater Manchester and a key component is local monitoring of stop and search activity.
Community Stop and Search Monitoring Group Meetings
- At a divisional level, stop and search is monitored by local independent community monitoring groups. Participants in the community stop and search monitoring groups are usually members from the local police Independent Advisory Groups.
- However, we recognise that your input could be instrumental in helping us develop our approach to stop and search and would appreciate your views.
- If you would like to participate in your local community stop and search monitoring group please email your local divisional Stop and Search Lead. Contact details can be found on the Stop and Search section homepage.
Empowerment of Greater Manchester’s communities is essential to the success of policing in Greater Manchester
The role of these groups is to:-
- Hold their police to account
- Scrutinise the operational use of stop and search
- Provide local communities with a voice into their local police to communicate their experiences of street encounters