- The GMP website does not store or capture personal information, unless voluntarily offered (for example via feedback and other information submission forms or e-mail), but merely logs the user's IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server.
- Where the provision of personal data is required to enable us to provide a specific service to the user the details collected will only be used for the stated purpose.
- Certain sections of this site seek personal information on a voluntary basis; for example, to give feedback on our website. The provision of this information is optional and this will be made clear at the start of each relevant section, as will the intended use of any such information provided.
- As a word of caution, children under 16 years of age should not submit any information to any website without the consent of a parent or carer.
Notification of Changes
Summary of terms
- Browser Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application.
- Cookie Message Given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then generally stored by the browser in a text file. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
- IP (Internet Protocol) All networks connected to the Internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
- IP address If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 22.214.171.124
- Web Server Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer