A teenager has been charged after a collision in Longsight.
A 17-year-old – who cannot be named for legal reasons – has been charged with the following driving offences:
· Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
· Failing to stop at the scene of a collision
· Failing to report a collision
· Driving while disqualified
· Driving with no insurance
He is appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court today (Monday 17 September).
Around 6.30pm on Monday (10 September), police were called to Stanley Grove to reports of multiple vehicle collision involving a blue Toyota Avensis, a stationary, unattended blue Fiat Stilo and a Mercedes Sprinter mini bus.
A man in his 50s and a woman in her 70s were taken to hospital where the man remains in a life-threatening condition. The woman has since been discharged.