Cookies on this website

Greater Manchester Police uses cookies on this website to provide information about visits to the site. We do not use cookies for collecting user information from the site. You consent to us placing cookies on your device if you continue to use our website with your browser settings set to accept cookies. If you wish to switch off cookies, you should view the guidance for the internet browser you are using. Our full cookies policy can be viewed here.

Two teenagers jailed after boy stabbed to death, Moston

Two teenagers have been jailed after 15-year-old Kyron Webb was stabbed to death in Moston.


Michael Idehen (11/05/2000) of Scarborough Street, Moston has been jailed for life and will serve a minimum of 15 years after pleading guilty to murder at an earlier hearing.


A 17-year-old boy from Moston, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been jailed for five years after pleading guilty to manslaughter at an earlier hearing.


They were both sentenced at Manchester Crown Court, Crown Square today, Friday 11 May 2018.


On the evening of Tuesday 17 October 2017, Idehen and the 17-year-old boy were in the Moston area when around 6.45pm, Idehen was seen speaking to Kyron on Worsley Avenue.


Sometime later, Idehen lunged towards Kyron with his right arm raised and stabbed him in the chest, before walking off towards Rosslyn Road with the 17-year-old.


Kyron stumbled and leant on a wall to steady himself but the duo returned, where Idehen stabbed him for a second time.


A local resident found the London-born teenager lying in the street and immediately called the ambulance service. He was taken to hospital where he sadly died three days later.


CCTV cameras caught the whole incident on record, which helped officers narrow down the search for the offenders to Scarborough Street, which led to their arrests.


Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Wilkinson of GMP’s Major Incident Team, said: “As they have been since that tragic day last October, our thoughts remain with Kyron’s family, who are sadly having to carry on with their lives without their beloved son.


“The fatal actions of Idehen and his co-defendant have undoubtedly ruined the lives of Kyron’s family and devastated those who loved him so very much.


“Since this happened, we have been searching for answers for Kyron’s family and only today have we been able to provide them with the comfort that the people responsible for taking his life are now in prison.


“Tackling knife crime is one of our main priorities and we will do everything we can to take those who carry knives off our streets. If you know someone who carries a knife, please tell us – that phone call could be the one thing that stops someone else’s life being tragically taken away.”


To report knife crime or if you know someone who carries a knife, please call Greater Manchester Police on 101 or 999 in an emergency. Alternatively please call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

© Greater Manchester Police 2018