A teacher has been jailed after pleading guilty to the rape of a boy in Stretford.
Andre Holder (10/01/1991) of Slade Hall Road in Longsight, has today, Monday 4 December 2017, been sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to the rape of a 17-year-old boy.
Holder, who was previously a teacher in Stretford, will also appear on the sex offender’s register for the rest of his life.
Detective Constable Sue Gallogly from GMP’s Public Protection Division said: “First of all I would like to commend the bravery of the victim, this has understandably been an incredibly difficult time for him.
“Andre Holder refused to admit what he had done right up until his trial, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
“Holder targeted his victim over a number of months and spun a web of lies to cover up what he was doing. No one could have predicted the danger the victim was in however.
“Andre Holder was a teacher in Stretford, whilst this crime does not relate to his post as a teacher, I would like to encourage anyone with any concerns to come and speak to police.
“Holder will now spend the next five years in prison contemplating the damage he has done.”
- If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted, we encourage you not to suffer in silence and report it to the police, or a support agency so you can get the help and support available.
- You can call Greater Manchester Police on 101, or alternatively people can refer themselves to St Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515, whether or not you want make a police report.
- St Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them via Greater Manchester Police, or as a self-referral.
- Manchester Rape Crisis is a confidential support service run by women for women and girls who have been raped or sexually abused. Confidential helpline: 0161 273 4500. Black and Minority Ethnic helpline: 0161 273 4514.
- Survivors Manchester offers support and counselling for adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape, regardless of when the event happened. Contact 07919 246 267.