We would love children across Greater Manchester to design this year’s official GMP Christmas card.
The winning drawing will be digitised and sent to partners, agencies and individuals who support GMP throughout the year.
The theme for Christmas 2018 is: Police in partnership.
Following the launch of our Citizens’ Contract, we would like the children to design a card which shows communities working together to create a safe Greater Manchester this Christmas.
This could be:
- Following our crime prevention advice such as, making sure your presents are out of sight from windows and doors.
- Highlighting volunteers in your community who are helping make your local areas safe, such as someone part of the local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
- How you see our GMP officers keeping you safe this Christmas.
There are two age categories for this competition – age 10–14 and age 9 and under.
Each category winner will receive a prize, with the overall winner receiving a VIP visit to GMP to meet the dogs that help keep Greater Manchester safe.
The deadline for entries is midnight Monday 26 November, 2018.
All entries should be on A4 paper.
To submit your child’s/ grandchild’s artwork, please either scan or photograph and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the artist’s name, age, address and a parent/guardian’s contact telephone number.
Just posting them on social media will not gain automatic entry into the competition.
Let’s get creative this Christmas!
Terms and conditions
- All entries should be on A4 paper.
- Entrants must have parental consent to enter the competition including permission for GMP to publish the entrants name and age on social media.
- A parent will need to send in the entries on the child’s behalf.
- To submit your child’s artwork, please either scan or photograph their entry and email it to email@example.com along with the artist’s name, age, address and a parent/ guardian’s contact telephone number.
- Just posting the artwork on social media will not gain automatic entry into the competition.
- The overall winner must give written consent to have their photograph taken with the Chief Constable as part of the prize. The image of the winner will be used in promotional activities by the Force, both internal and external, and be distributed to the media and used on social media.
- See our Privacy Notice for further information.
- The original paper artwork will be required for the winning entries. If the original artwork cannot be provided, it is at the judge’s discretion to choose an alternative winner that has the original artwork available. The original artwork will be scanned and digitised.
- Entrants must be able to meet with the Chief Constable during December 2018.
- The winner of each age group and the overall winner will be chosen by the Chief Constable Ian Hopkins.