The Tenders & Business section has been developed by the Greater Manchester Police (GMP) Procurement Section. The purpose is to assist suppliers and contractors who wish to trade with GMP.
- It provides contact information
- It outlines the rules that GMP must follow.
- It alerts companies to where opportunities to supply GMP are advertised and explains how to bid for work
- It shows a list of contracts GMP is currently using (together with their expiry dates) and signposts to reports that reveal what has been spent over £500
GMP Procurement are based at:
Greater Manchester Police
Nexus House Third Floor
A telephone helpdesk is operated 8.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday on 0161 856 1140.
We can also be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a public body, Greater Manchester Police are subject to rules and regulations imposed by EU legislation and by the Police and Crime Commissioner for Greater Manchester to promote fair and open competition for Greater Manchester Police's business while minimizing exposure to fraud and collusion.
- The Contractual Standing Orders are those of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Greater Manchester. Their purpose is to set clear rules for the procurement of goods, works and services. They ensure a system of openness, integrity and accountability where the probity and transparency of the process will be beyond reproach. This leads to better value for money and give confidence to all concerned that the Authority is fulfilling its fiduciary responsibilities.
Opportunities and How to do Business
- Police Forces in the northwest region utilise a common electronic tendering tool (branded “Bluelight”) to advertise and conduct quotation and tender exercises.
- The following website provides a portal for prospective suppliers to view upcoming tender opportunities and register on our e-Tendering system: https://bluelight.eu-supply.com/
- Please use the following link to access a list of contracts GMP currently uses: Bluelight Police Database
- Please use the following link to access reports revealing expenditure over £500: Expenditure over £500