Farm Watch is no different from Neighbourhood and Home Watch, but focuses on isolated rural and farming communities. The only difference is that the houses and farms are much further apart.The main aims of Farm Watch are:
- To improve communication between the farming community and the police.
- To encourage rural communities to take crime prevention and deterrent action.
- To reduce opportunities for crime to occur in farming and rural communities.
- To encourage telephone and email contact between the community and Greater Manchester Police to report crimes suspicious incidents as they occur.
- To strengthen community spirit, so that everyone works together to protect their property.
- To provide Farm Watch signs to deter criminals and antisocial behaviour.
Participating in a Watch scheme can increase feelings of safety and security in rural areas, enhance the prevention and detection of crime, and help Greater Manchester Police to bring offenders to justice and recover stolen property.
- Practical crime prevention advice to farmers and landowners, to help ensure their property and goods are as secure as possible.
- A property marking scheme to make it harder for thieves to dispose of stolen goods.
- Encourage members to register valuable property on www.immobilise.com/index.php
- If you have any information relating to crime in your area please contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. In the event of an emergency call 999.