Brief is Greater Manchester Police's own newspaper.
Brief is read by the Force's police officers, police staff and members of the Special Constabulary, as well as partner organisations and other police forces - making it one of the largest circulation police force publications produced in the UK.
It was first published in the mid 1970s shortly after the creation of Greater Manchester Police. It is a key element of the Force's internal communications strategy to provide staff with up-to-date information about developments within GMP and the wider policing community.
Each issue has a mix of news, in-depth articles on specialist units, social and sports news, as well as regular features.
Brief - Special Edition August 2017
- Payment will be required for adverts promoting business-related goods or services.
- No payment will be required when advertising a one-off sale (such as a bicycle, car or house).
- GMP reserves the right to exercise its discretion in this area. The Editor's decision will be final.
Classified adverts will only be accepted from police officers or police staff serving with UK police forces, or from retired GMP police officers and police staff.
Adverts must be submitted by:
- Completing an electronic form available on the GMP Intranet (News and Publications/Brief)
- Completing the electronic advertising coupon via Brief.
All adverts must be accompanied by a copy of the advertiser's warrant/ID card or pension number and accompanied by a private telephone number or private email address.
Adverts must be accompanied by the correct payment. This can be done by:
- Sending a cheque made payable to Greater Manchester Police’ to Brief Advertising, Greater Manchester Police, Corporate Communications Branch, Force Headquarters, Central Park, Manchester M40 5BP
- Paying on line or by credit card. Please contact Lorna Owen extension 62224 for more details.
- By advertising in Brief advertisers agree to the details of their advert being published to a wide audience on the GMP website at www.gmp.police.uk
- Advertisers are responsible for the wording of their advert.
- GMP reserves the right, at its discretion, to edit, suspend or decline to publish adverts.
- GMP does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by an error or inaccuracy in the printing of any advertisement.
- GMP reserves the right to amend advertising rates.
- In the event of dissatisfaction, advertisers should contact Internal Communications on 0161 856 5938.
- Although all reasonable steps have been taken to check the authenticity of advertisers, it must be stressed that acceptance for publication does not imply the acceptance of any responsibility or liability to GMP in respect of any advertisement.
- Publication does not imply any endorsement of the companies, individuals, products or services offered.