Coronavirus rules in Wales
Coronavirus firebreak (23 October - 9 November)
During the firebreak, which runs from 6pm on Friday 23 October until Monday 9 November, the following rules will apply:
- people must stay at home, except for very limited purposes, such as for exercise
- people must work from home wherever possible
- people must not visit other households or meet other people they do not live with either indoors or outdoors
- no gatherings will be allowed outdoors
- all non-food retail, hospitality businesses, close contact services and events and tourism businesses, such as hotels must close
- community centres, libraries and recycling centres will be required to close
You must wear a face covering on public transport, in public shops and other public indoor spaces if you are over the age of 11. Some exemptions apply, including for those who cannot wear face coverings for health or medical reasons.
Reporting a violation of the rules
Please make sure you understand what is and is not allowed before you get in touch with us. We particularly want you to tell us about large gatherings of people obviously from many different households (remembering that two extended households could form quite a large group).