Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to.


Advice tool

I'd like to make a change to my marital status

Thank you. You must report this change to the IVRO within seven days of the change. We'll make this change free of charge.

Please make sure you take:

  • your police registration certificate (PRC)
  • your marriage or civil partnership certificate

If your certificate is not in English, we do not need to see a translated version.

In the case of your marriage to a British citizen, you must also bring their original passport or British birth certificate.

We only accept original documents.

Book an appointment