Find out below which changes should be reported, how soon to report them, and who to report them to.


Advice tool

I'd like to report a change to my residential address

Thank you. You must report this change at your local Greater Manchester police station within seven days of the change.

We’ll make this change free of charge.

Please don't come to the IVRO to report this change.

Please make sure you take:

  • your police registration certificate (PRC)
  • proof of your address (such as a tenancy agreement, recent bank statement or utility bill)

If you're moving to Greater Manchester for the first time after having registered with another police force in the UK, you now need to register with the IVRO.

Book an appointment

This is so that we can register your details into our local database. All future changes of address within this area must be reported to your local police station.