Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

We are temporarily unable to process any new applications for the grant of shotgun, firearms or explosives certificates. This is due to home visits no longer being possible, following government guidance on the need for social distancing. Renewal applications are currently still being processed. Please contact us online if you have any questions

Advice tool

Transfer ownership or dispose of a firearm

What do I need to do?

You can tell us about this online, using our online form. Click 'Start' below to do this.

How much does it cost?

It's free.

What happens next?

Unless we need to ask you about any details in your form we won't need to contact you in order to process your notification, so please keep a copy of your email or paperwork for your records.