A man has been charged after an incident which saw a man assaulted as well as two police officers.
Main article content
Jon Smee (16/08/1991), of no fixed abode, has been charged with the following offences:
• One count of Section 18 assault
• Two counts of assault on an emergency worker
• One count of possession of an offensive weapon
• One count of obstructing police
• Two counts of breach of bail
He has been remanded in custody to appear before Manchester Crown Court on Wednesday 13 May 2020.
At around 2am on Tuesday 14 April 2020, police were called to reports of a serious assault on South Radford Street, Salford.
When police arrived, a man spat at two officers and claimed to have Covid-19.