Two teens arrested following attempted burglary in Bolton
Main article content
Two teenagers have been arrested following an attempted burglary in Bolton in the early hours of this morning (Friday 20 August 2021).
Police were called at around 3am today to a report of a burglary at a property on Foxhunter Close in Bolton.
Officers attended and arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of burglary.
The second suspect – a 15-year-old boy – fled the scene.
Officers later located the boy at his home address. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of burglary.
The teenagers remain in custody for questioning.
Inspector John Higginson, of GMP’s Bolton Division, said: “Burglary is an intrusive crime and leaves many people feeling violated and unsafe in their own homes.
“This morning’s arrests reaffirms GMP’s commitment towards helping victims of burglaries, as underlined by our initiative to make sure every report of burglary receives an in-person response from a police officer.”
Top tips to prevent being burgled
- Put your burglar alarm on at night-time and when you go out
- Lock all windows and doors
- Use a timer to switch lights on to give the impression someone is at home
- Don’t leave valuables on show
- Make valuable items traceable. Photograph your property and register it free of charge at www.immobilise.com
- Keep an eye out in your neighbourhood, and report anything suspicious to police