Murder suspect in custody after death of man in south Manchester property
Main article content
A suspect is in custody after we began a murder investigation into the death of a man who was found at an address in Manchester with fatal injuries last night.
Shortly before 6.40pm on Saturday (24 September) we were called by NWAS to a report of a 42-year-old man found dead in suspicious circumstances in a property on Beverly Road.
His family has been informed and specially-trained officers are supporting them at this distressing time.
A dedicated team of detectives from our Major Incident Team are investigating and are questioning a 22-year-old man in custody who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.
Detective Inspector Mark Davis, of our Major Incident Team, said: “We’ve been carrying out many enquiries in the area and I would like to appeal for anyone with information to contact the police.
“That said, our investigation so far has strongly indicated that this is a tragic but isolated incident inside the property, with no risk to the wider community.
“We will have local officers patrolling the area and continuing with our enquiries in the coming days and anyone with information should speak to our officers or contact us via 101 quoting incident 2692 of 24/09/2022.
“Details can be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”