We are aware of a number of social media posts circulating which may identify potential victims of sexual offences in connection with the live investigation into Reynhard Sinaga.
We would like to stress that under the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 2000, victims of sexual offences have a lifelong right to anonymity and therefore any post which identifies victims of sexual offences constitutes a criminal offence. Additionally these posts risk jeopardising an ongoing investigation into serious crime.
Please be mindful when sharing any social media posts.
Today (Tuesday 14 January 2019), Mark Francis Bray (17/05/1971) of Louisiana Drive, Warrington has been sentenced at Manchester Crown Square Crown Court to two years in prison after pleading guilty to a matter of failing to take reasonable care of other persons, pursuant to section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, contrary to section 33(1)(a). He also pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice.
Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said "On behalf of Greater Manchester Police, I want to apologise to all those vulnerable children who were let down in 2004 by police not thoroughly investigating the offences that had been committed against them.
I want to say that I am personally disgusted that these children were not cared for and by the awful abuse that they suffered. I am committed to doing all we can to ensure that they receive the justice today that they were denied 15 years ago."
Assistant Chief Constable Mabs Hussain, Head of Specialist Crime for Greater Manchester Police, said: “We accept that authorities fell short of doing all they could to protect and support the child victims of sexual exploitation identified under Operation Augusta in 2004.
Neil Shaw (17/08/1985), of no fixed abode, has been charged with six robberies, one burglary, and four counts of possession of an offensive weapon and is due to appear at Wigan Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 29 January 2019