Report a road traffic incident
If you've been involved in a road traffic collision, or think you might have witnessed an offence on the roads, find out how to report it using our simple online tool. Just answer the quick questions below to make sure we give you the right advice and gather all of the relevant details.
Report a road traffic collision viewed by an independent witness
Thank you for getting in touch. If you were involved in a collision as a driver or rider, in most circumstances the law requires that you stop and exchange details.
If you haven’t done so for any reason, you must report the accident to police as soon as possible and, in any case, within 24 hours of the collision.
See the Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 170 for further details.
You can report it:
- online - click 'Start' below to begin
- at your local police station
- by telling a police constable
Click ‘Start’ below to complete our simple online form. Please provide as many details as you can about the incident. We’ll try to fill in the gaps wherever possible.
Average completion time: 20 minutes
Please have the following details ready, if possible:
- date and time of the collision
- registration and make of your vehicle
- contact details of the other person, or people, involved in the collision
- contact details of any witnesses to the collision